Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2009

Where do you draw the line to what's offensive and what's funny?

I think that if a white person told a joke making fun of white people it would be fine than if he were to tell a joke about a black person. I think it's ok if you are the race or have the hair color you can tell jokes that relate to you. Other than that it's offensive, rude or even racist. I hope I'm making sense. It's interesting that the media had to portray blondes as being dumb. Why didn't they choose another hair color or maybe just not even say that if you are a particular hair color then you are considered dumb. There are a lot of blonde men and women that are very smart and successful people. Laughing is fun and good for you. But let's not laugh when a joke is told that we don't agree with. 

1 comment:

  1. Where do you draw the line? I found the presentation on comedy very interesting because I really learned alot about different types of people. I never really thought about the red heades being discriminated against. My best friend is a red head and she does always mention stuff about red heads being a dying breed. She also mentions the fact that she prays her children will not have red hair. It made me laugh after listening to the discussion that group gave.

    ReplyDelete