Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2009

Racism is no good.

The reading from the new book, Black Looks by Bell Hooks was alright because it was nice to see some one's conviction about their race but I thought it was interesting that she called everyone racist. I am not racist at all. I know that everyone isn't racist but there are a lot of people that are. There are even people that tell jokes about other races. Some people would think that that is still racist but I bet some of the people that tell jokes about other races don't feel that they are racist at all. Ok, I'm going off in tangents but I figured it would be a good topic to maybe talk about.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree with you about the racist joke situation. I don't tell racist jokes but I do laugh sometimes when they are told. Then I tell those people that is very inapproprate. Telling racist jokes is a hard thing to distinguish with racism. People just want to laugh and they do not think about the repercussions. I mean look at blonde jokes, they are told every day and people laugh. That would technically be a prejudice against blondes because people think they are stupid.

    ReplyDelete